25/09/2014

Goodbye England xoxo


My final week in England was spent in Rye, we were able to take day trips to a couple of places along the coast via the train or bus, so we ended up going to Camber Sands, Brighton, and Dover.
 The third week of the trip was definitely kind of hard because I was already feeling a little homesick, but I have a lot of fond memories of this  last week, so without further ado, here are the last of my pictures in Europe:
^^ I cannot reiterate how cute this man was; every evening or morning he would come out and spend at least 15 min. on each window box, cutting off the dead ends of his flowers and general pruning. ^^
^^ Rye ^^
^^ We spent one day at Camber Sands during our week, and it was particularly special to me because it was the first time that I have seen the sea in real life!! *technically it was the English Channel but close enough ^^
^^ Camber Sands ^^
^^ The second time we visited the sea was at Brighton, we spent an afternoon there, just wandering around sitting out on the pebbly beach and soaking up the sun as it peaked out from the clouds. ^^

^^ Dover and St. Margaret's Bay ^^

We stayed at this really cute house in the centre of Rye, a medieval port town, that is filled with history. Our landlord, on the first day, introduced us to The Cobbles Tearoom and we ate there almost every single day. A full afternoon tea would include basically a whole lot of carbs, but more specifically, a cucumber sandwich, two hot scones with clotted cream and jam, as well as a huge slice of carrot cake! I can't even...I really want that carrot cake right now...

***

Since the last you've heard from me I've moved from home to Edmonton, four hours away, and am now attending University here. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but I think I am some what settled -- ready for home and pumpkin pie though!! It's been quite the shock, both going back to school and moving out of my comfort zone and away from home at a new school. I currently have three essays due within the next couple of weeks and it's been a bit hectic/stressful trying to find the energy and thought for that. I am enrolled in English, Sociology, History, Pre-Calculus and Religion, so it is going to get busy really soon when mid-terms start coming into play...anyhow wish me luck!!
xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love England and I love scones with clotted cream and cream and jam. mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing photos, great blog you have here by the ways, keep up the good work m'dear

    http://andreaantoniou.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete