18/04/2012

A few of my Favourite Things

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!  If you've ever watched The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews, you'll know of the song, "A Few of my Favourite Things." As Maria is going to bed one by one the children wander into her room because they are scared of the thunder storm outside, to calm them and keep their minds off of the storm she sings them this song. And now here are a few of my favourite things:
  • twirly skirts/dresses
  • curling up to a good book beside a raging fireplace with hot milk
  • old fashioned buttons
  • silver white winters that melt into spring
  • Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
  • listening to The Fray
  • stripes
  • walking out into a wintry night, snow falling softly and the earth blanketed with snow
  • Canadian Geese returning for summer
  • Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
  • creative writing
  • the sound of rain falling as I go to sleep
  • listening/singing to music as I crochet
  • our dogs, Ezra and Seth
  • listening to Mat Kearney
  • baking
  • a field of wildflowers
  • Jane Austen novels
  • canola fields
  • windy days at the beach
  • listening to Birdy
  • drinking tea
  • watching Pride and Prejudice {with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen}
  • moccasins
  • pumpkin…anything!
  • the Harry Potter Series
  • cheesecake
  • our whole family together
  • singing at Church
  • lying on the grass looking up at the stars
  • picnics
  • reading short stories
  • new school supplies
  • rereading my favourite books
  • listening to Dino Martin and La Vie en Rose by Madeleine Peyroux
  • thunder storms
  • fresh cut flowers
  • geometric shapes
  • chenille bedspreads
  • walking in the woods
  • picking a bouquet of wildflowers
What are a few of your favourite things?

1 comment:

  1. wow, Bronte', our favourite things are very similar! I'm enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete